Drop-Off and Pick Up
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Locations
The safety of all students at Rocky Hill Elementary School is our focus. Our goal is to provide a supervised, safe area for children to wait for their families or teachers prior to being picked up or riding the bus. The arrival and departure locations are listed below:
- ALL students will enter campus through the cafeteria.
- Before school drop-off is on Cambridge Street, just west of the bus lane. Please stay in your vehicle and pull all the way forward.
- Students should NOT arrive on the school grounds before 7:30 am.
- The cafeteria will be open in the morning from 7:30 – 7:45 am for students entering campus. Class instruction begins at 7:58 am.
- Students should always proceed directly to the cafeteria. Students will be escorted by a staff member to their grade-level playground area or classroom from the cafeteria.
- TK/Kindergarten pick-up students will be dismissed at the Sequoia Dr. gate
- First grade pick-up students will be dismissed at the Sequoia Dr. fire lane gate (just east of the Kindergarten gate)
- Second Grade students will be dismissed from the gate near the parking lot/library
- Third-Fifth Grade students will be dismissed from the gate near the parking lot/library
- HEART Program – Students attending the after-school HEART program will be escorted to the quad area/cafeteria to meet their HEART Program Leader. Please contact the HEART staff at 559-679-2650 for pick-up procedures and bus departure times.
- Parents who wish to pick up their students during school hours need to come to the Rocky Hill Office to sign out their student(s).*
- Grades TK-2 students will be escorted by a staff member to the buses at the front of the school.
- Grades 3-5 students will be escorted by a staff member to the cafeteria to sit and wait for bus arrival. Students will then board the bus.
In the event that children of different grades need to accompany their siblings, families can let the Rocky Hill Office personnel know and our staff will do our best to facilitate.
In order to maximize student learning, Rocky Hill School Staff firmly believe that students need to be in class until the end of the day. Please make every effort to schedule appointments after school. Students who are picked up early will need to be signed out in the front office. For safety reasons, students will only be released to their parent, legal guardian or those listed on the child’s emergency card with parent consent. The office staff must have a written note from the parent/legal guardian if someone not listed on the emergency card will be picking the child up.